Monday, December 19, 2011

Lit up and listening to the Blues


Mame this is what I'm wearing to pick you up at the airport (above).
Please coordinate accordingly. 


Babs had an egregiously horrific day... i.e. couldn't stop crying at work... techno-thwartage sent me into a tailspin.  So how to offset a horrible day (had to use my new lacy shrug to sop up the snot)? 

1.  RETAIL THERAPY!!
I purchased matching dresses for Mame and me (lil' sis) to sport over the holidays.

When we were the adored, spoiled, and pampered only children, (prior to the addition in rapid succession of 5 screaming, pooping, puking babies to our happy family) our mother used to dress us in matching dresses ala Sally Draper (see below), and we thought we'd resurrect the whimsy and see what the response is..."I plead guilty your honor of trying to attract attention."

"Hey let's go bike riding, drink from the hose, listen to the Beatles in my basement, and play Barbie."
2.  BLOG... I'll keep you posted on the shenanigans of Mame and Babs as they cut a (possibly ridiculous) swath across Tampa Bay in their matching ghetto fabulous ensembles over the Holidays.  Could be really cool or really queer. 

3.  CORK a bottle and listen to the Blues....

4.  TAKE a happy pill (just one) ...

And remember as Scarlett O'Hara always said "tomorrow is another day."
xoxo
Babs

7 comments:

  1. Sigh. I truly understand. P and I thought we would be the only two children. Then 5 years after P came another one. Five years later, another one.

    We were just about the same age as Sally Draper in MM. I had noticed that, too.

    As for work. F*ck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I want for Christmas is
    my library blog
    my library blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I want for Christmas is
    ...a new F******* job
    ...a new F******* job
    ...a new F******* job

    Oh,and a nice, cool, long drink of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,and a nice, cool, long drink of water


    Try vodka...way more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that Mr. C.? He always has a way with rhymes. :D The 2 of you can keep adding verses...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's me, it's me, it's Mr. C!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your Christmas wishes come true - channel your inner Rhet too - sometimes it's just not worth giving a damn

    ReplyDelete