Thursday, August 25, 2011

Aftershocks...more from the bed of our embedded seismologist...

Earthquake damage as seen from Emma's back porch.
"My bed started shaking at 1:08 AM, and then I heard the now familiar sounds in the walls, as the house shook with an aftershock.  But it was a very toned-down version of the previous incident -- I wasn't the least bit scared.  It was actually kind of cool......"
--Emma Eiderdown

Reading the above hearkens back to my 2nd honeymoon with my 1st ex-husband (or was that my 1st honeymoon with my 2nd ex-husband?).  No never mind-- Emma, I marvel at your sangfroid

5 comments:

  1. Poor Emma! I'm sure she's SO glad she decided to go with the plastic set for her back porch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she put out her back in the recovery effort and is under strict instructions from her doctor to take to her bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Roget's already uses the words 'calm' and 'nonchalance' for sangfroid. If you can think of another word, more power to you! (I wish I had an OED.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone heard from ABC lately? It's been a long time since we had a Journal Club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Journal Club might be history. That's not to stop us from having an after hours Journal Club.

    ReplyDelete