Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Egad..from our "embedded" seismologist Emma Eiderdown, Richmond, VA

Babs was scared for Ms. Eiderdown? 
The wine?
Just a midday nap?
All of the above?   
"We just had a freakin' 5.9 earthquake!!!  My entire house was shaking so hard I thought it was going to crack in two!  I felt like I was stuck in an unbalanced washing machine -- I thought the entire house was going to blow up.  Pictures fell off the walls, books fell off of shelves, items fell all over the pantry, I have NEVER been that scared in my life.  Earthquake, hurricane, WTF?????"
--Emma

3 comments:

  1. Poor Emma! Why is it that so many of us know people in the D.C./Virginia area? (I'm not even thinking about the people who experienced the quake in other states.)

    As one friend who was at work in D.C. during the quake told me -- she was at her desk, minding her own business, when the shaking began. She said that everyone at work just froze. They had had emergency drills for various scenarios but NOT for earthquakes.

    Glad everyone I'm related to, went to college with, or know via Babs (that's you, Emma), is OK.

    Oh, except for Babs. I'm a little worried about her condition in that photo. Someone needs to drop by and check on her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran out of wine, so I've crawled out from underneath the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hі i am kavin, іts my fiгst ocсasіon to commenting
    аnyplace, when i read this pаragгaph i thought
    i coulԁ alѕo makе comment due to this sensiblе pіеce of wrіting.



    Here is my web blog MintedPoker Offer

    ReplyDelete