Saturday, October 30, 2010

Niceville, Florida

They won't let Babs into Niceville
Dear Readers:  I refer to to the patently retarded golf ball blog post of earlier this week.  My dedicated reader Claire was unaware that the golf ball "incident" indeed went down in our own beautiful state, specifically in a town called Niceville, Florida. 

To bastardize Michigan's state motto, which is highly specious if not ludicrous:
Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice 
(If you seek a pleasant peninsula look about you.) 

Si quaeris queeram fabula amoenam circumspice
(If you seek a kooky story look about you.)

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXEKMDED5WA

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed that it was in Florida! Ah, my faith is restored. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a footnote here, the woman's story isn't really that strange. I almost forgot about the 2 years my parents lived in a house across the street from the lst hole of a public golf course. They ended up with broken windows, dents on their cars. None of us wanted to park our car there unless it was after dark when the course was closed.

    When you start fishing golf balls out of your house, it's time to move. This is why I will never understand why anyone would want to live that close to a golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...the sweet smell of "Roundup" in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For reasons well-known, I think golf THE most insipid "sport" ever devised by man.

    ReplyDelete