Sunday, February 21, 2010

Word Warriors Unite!

Greetings to denizens of the Blogoshpere Nation.  I have been freed from the shackles of monosyllabism and can this day indulge myself in all things magnificently polysyllabic.  Free at last, I find it disconcerting  to be inexplicably leashed by the self imposed monosyllablic protocol I have placed upon myself.

Kindly bear with me as I take baby steps back into the stratosphere of archaic fabulistic vocabulism.  Someone asked me once if I was from Britain as I used the word "askance."  True my questioner was an  idiot savant posing as a physical therapist, but "askance?"  That ain't much of a mental stretch baby.

I worship at the altar of polysyllabism and am an overt prosyletizer and adherant to the politically incorrect creed that advocates usage of a complex, archaic verbage. Friends, this ability to obfuscate and befuddle lesser mortals, indeed separates the wheat from the chaff. I encourage all my readers to follow and contribute to the following website:

http://wordwarriors.wayne.edu/

Speaking of worship--props and a shout out to all the monotheists out there on this fine Sunday.  I really want to go to Mass, I know it's one of the commandments, etc., but this flesh is weak.  Pardon me Lord, but I did get out of bed today.  Since it's  finally warming up here in the sunshine state I have no legitimate excuse to lay abed all day, under my electric blanket attempting to stay warm (in actuality ever since Fang shattered my heart into a million little pieces, I've indulged in hermentic, hubric, uber sloth, and generally naughty behavior on the weekends).

In order to atone for my numerous sins against the temple that is my body, and in honor of the Sabbath I will play with my "What Would Jesus Wear" refrigerator magnet set today, whilst pondering the sufferings of our Lord, and praying that Fang's wicked case of shingles re-emerges with temerity if not severity.
http://www.fridgedoor.com/whwojewemadr.html

First, I must make a foray into the white trash nation, specifically Home Depot.  Egads, it can hardly be borne, but needs be done.  To Claire, stay tuned for the highly anticipated Op Ed piece on the Land of Scots.

3 comments:

  1. Now, Babs, we all know that Fang poisoned you regarding all things Scottish! We must exorcise the demon Fang so that you are no longer enslaved by a hatred of the country of my father's ancestors.

    Did you ever get to Edinborough (fab city!) or did Fang keep you locked in his little dungeon in the cold, cold north?

    Hugs,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire, Fang would let me out to participate in the annual "Fishwives Races" in the town of Nether Wallop. And once we did go on a shopping spree to Boner Bridge looking for the biggest plate in Scotland for Fang. Fang liked to cook up a ginornous vat of double deep fat lard gruel on Sundays, and hey he needed a big plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that I misspelled the name of the city, Edinburgh. I can't believe I did that. Was I thinking 'Hillsborough' as in county? Was I thinking of the way it's pronounced? Who knows? Claire certainly doesn't.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete