Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shite to be Scottish...except on New Year's Eve..."Donald where's yer troosers?"

As many of my regular readers know, I'm not particularly fond of Scotland.  Many are the factors, but most notably the climate and general third world flavor render me fetal. 

It's okay I can say this stuff as I have cred--I'm almost fresh off the boat Scottish, my grandparents left the place and never looked in the rear view mirror, I have real life Facebook endorsed cousins that live there, and I spent a bit of time on the rock earlier in this century.
Well said,

However, the Scots do know how to roll when it comes to
1.  New Year's Eve, "Hogmany," as it's known over there; and
2.  Weddings.

Both celebrations last for days...with much merry making, wild dancing, and loads and loads of drinking.  With that I wish you all a very Happy New Year.  Enjoy this little bit of Scotland:
XOXO
--Babs

2 comments:

  1. My relatives hail from Scotland on my dad's side but no one could get me to touch haggis when I visited. I still loved Edinburgh, though. :)

    Be sure to read my prologue that I had forgotten to write originally for the party post.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice videos! I suspect some Scots on my father's side, but it's not very pronounced. I'm determinedly American with English and German mixed in.

    ReplyDelete