Monday, October 17, 2011

Good Manners Open All Doors


On the happy occasion of William & Kate's wedding, we passed around and signed a .99 cent wedding card, posted same, and forgot about it.  Until today.  Postmistress Vicki received the following in today's mail from Buckingham Palace.

Needless to say, we were thrilled to have been acknowledged-- right down to the very tips of our Revolutionary red toes.  Wall Street and the Romanovs should have read that page in the ettiquette book on saying thank you.  Obviously the Windsors know the power of good manners.



5 comments:

  1. I love it. I wonder if we can make color copies of this for all of us who signed the card? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send everyone the scanned images. P.S. Do drop by the author book signing today w/your business card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops! I just now saw your message about the book signing. Darn. I was even out earlier because I had a dr.'s appt. I hope it goes/went well. What time was it supposed to be? I just finished getting through my email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so thoughtful of the Duke and Duchess to thank us for the card, especially when they had so many to answer. We wish the newlywed couple well.

    ReplyDelete