Thursday, September 29, 2011

Historic choke to celebrate the historic choke.

How to Cut a Knit ScarfthumbnailI am firmly convinced that the Rays win only, and only if, I am knitting, not watching the game-- just knitting.  With out fail, if I deign to stop to look up at the TV-- action on the field stops or, the balls go loosey goosey, or the other team scores (don't you adore baseball lingo?). 

This has been my knitting output during the last two games with the evil Yankee empire.  I axe you, wtf am I going to do with this 12 foot long furry angora scarf in Florida?  Yea, yea, I can here the chorus of my sibs now "go hang yourself with that fugly scarf."  Hey folks...coming to a Xmas tree near you...

When Jeter was at bat my needles would spark and fly with righteous indignation if not seething anger.  Honest to God, I just hate that dude's cocky swagger, hauteur, and his "assume the position" batting stance. 

For those of you who can read, below is a good recap of the night of baseball, which can only be described as Shakespearean in scope. BTW, written by Bay City, MI homeboy.  http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/tampa-bay-rays-boston-red-sox-fates-converge-last-night-of-mlb-regular-season-decide-al-wild-card-with-historic-choke-092811

For many of you who can't or won't read the video below sums it all up pretty well. FYI, I'm dating the tall one.


P.S. To the righteous and opinionated Mr. Parker Stone, & my readers in the UK & Oz who look down their noses at baseball as akin to watching paint dry...fuck you and kiss my ass. Have at it y'all, with your extreme frisbee and uber boring soccer. Oops aren't those games for 6th grade boys and 4th grade girls respectively? Jus sayin'.

5 comments:

  1. Jeter. Ugh. He looks so much like my ex-brother-in-law. My ex BIL played baseball in college and was even scouted by the (get ready...) New York Yankees. Even more reason to hate both of them. (Jeter and my ex BIL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to beat Jeter up, and then make out with him. Then beat him up some more. He's secretly in love with me and doesn't know it yet. Why do you think I want to move to Davis Islands? A carse, to drive Jeter mad, after he spots me fondling cukes in the produce aisle at Publix. Is your BIL single?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my BIL is now on his fourth wife. My sister was his third and she lasted the longest - 20 years. It's weird how much Pete looks like an older version of Jeter and the other baseball player, is it A-Rod? I don't find either guy even remotely attractive. They have fat faces and their ears stick out. I usually refer to A-Rod as Jethro.

    Of course, this same sister finds both of these guys attractive. When I told her they looked like Pete, she freaked out. The truth can be painful...

    This is the same sister Charlie Crist followed to her car to try to get her phone number a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did she get a gay vibe from Charlie? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, she didn't. Another one of my sisters insists that people in the business community (you know how Republicans are) have tried for years to confirm whether he is or not and they've never found any evidence that he is gay.

    HOWEVER, my youngest sister, the one who lives in Virginia and works at a newspaper, insists that he IS gay.

    I personally have no comment on this one.

    ReplyDelete