Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bushwalking...

"Central casting?  Send me the man of my dreams."
Question is... "what is a favorite pastime of our friends down under?"  BTW thanks to my OzN & Kiwi fan(s) for tuning into WBAB on a regular basis.  Now that I've got your attention I'll proceed with the topic of today's blog-- THE BUSH, you know (nudge, nudge) the real bush down under?  

One could accuse me of a pathetic attempt to get my blog stats soaring like the thermometer over N. America with a discussion so literally touchy and personal as The Bush-- and dad gum it, you'd be right.  But I'd like to get my readers "feel" on this "hot" topic.

Recently it was brought to my attention that girls are having a depilatory procedure performed that will permanently deforest their bush.  "Egad and Ick" say I.  Baby girls, grow up.  Fellas, are you serious?

I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I'd like to know what your "taste" is on this "hairy" topic.  Please vote in the non-scientific, anonymous sidebar survey...
--xoxo Babs  

10 comments:

  1. I just can't get past the fact that a woman looks a little bit too much like a child 'down there' when bald.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, we both have kind of weird blog posts today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Reminds me of diaper duty. Granted, from "diapers to diapers" may be an inevitability, (dust to dust for you Dawkinites) to paraphrase the Good Book. Couldn't wait to sprout a big girl covering for that hot mess. Not in a big rush to get back to the diaper stage of things.

    Took a gander at your blog. Claire, dear friend, I'm gonna have to be on the clock to watch that video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm usually kind of squeamish about slicing open any part of the body but Sam finds it absolutely thrilling. I thought he did a pretty good job of keeping the camera still and also having to follow the doc around a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journal I used to really have a problem w/back in the day when I was a hospital librarian was "Burn." I worked in a hospital w/a regional (pretty much north of Detroit) burn unit. Props to the docs and nurses who work(ed) on that ward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a tough one but I would have to choose "Cutis" as the worst. They always had a full color photo on the cover AND no matter which page you opened to to add the magnetic strip, there was ANOTHER awful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most difficult Grand Rounds I ever peeked through was "Farm Accidents." Egad, flayings and amputations in threshers, mowing off of appendages...closely followed by ER Grand Rounds on genital piercings. Being that I was at a Catholic hospital I had to go off campus to do the lit search on the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You couldn't DRAG me to ER Grand Rounds. I hated even sitting through a meeting the docs were having at the VA hospital where I served part of my internship. Just the descriptions...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking of magnetic strips...that reminds me of the landing strip construct of the bush. Looks like Hitlers mustache to me. Not in the least bit natural, but lately, I've come to like the hint of a little underarm hair. Still like a nice smooth tan hairless leg, but a little bit of soft mother nature ain't so bad? Talk amongst yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not crazy about the landing strip, either, although it's better than bald. :P Don't like it on the legs or under the arms.

    ReplyDelete