Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sabado Gigante

Had a great one.  Dined at The Refinery, a quirky "haute couture" "locavore" small plate bistro.  Sampled for the first and not last time, alligator... alligator ceviche to be precise.  Absolutely delish!! Taste acquired.

Apres hipster dining, motored up the road to Skipper's for the Del Castillo Concert.

What a fantastic band... Allman Bros. meets Eric Clapton meets Carlos Santana, shaken and stirred with a heavy dash of Gypsy Kings and Los Lobos.  Quaffed wassail (hot apple cider and rum), outdoors on a brisk night under a full Florida moon.  Totally digging the groove, when I became unsettled in a Jane Austen heroine kind of way.  Was it just my imagination, or was the dreamy lead singer of Del Castillo making eye contact with me?

Whilst waiting on line to buy a CD, like an apparition, I ran into said dreamboat. Clouds, halos, cherabim, seraphim, and dry ice seemed to surround this rock and roll god, whose seering eyes, smile, and "you can't escape me now" pysical presence rendered me speechless...maybe it was the wassail?

He flashed me a high wattage smile, wagged his finger and said, "Hi, you've got to start dancing." My heart went into a-fib, I re-watted his smile, and said "Hi." Then poof! prince charming sailed back to the stage...leaving me agog.  Whence, I fell off the "money diet" wagon big time, buying every Del Castillo gegaw, t shirt, and CD available.  It was as if the Monkees were back in town.
My beloved Monkees lunch box from 6th grade.
For the rest of the evening this guy literally "killed me softly with his song." Oh how sweet is the passion of a Spaniard with the good looks of a Harlequin Romance novel cover boy crooning mi corazon.  With every tousle of his mane of shiny black hair,  I succumbed...

Yes, I think it was just my imagination, about the eye contact, but I did start dancing (just in case). Once boy crazy always boy crazy.  And it was most certainly better than my typical Sabado spent watching Lawrence Welk, dusting my light bulbs, and painting my toenails "Kinky in Helsinki" red.

Oh, I forgot to tell you about the plantation---more about that later.
Cinderella awoke this morning to a day chock full o' errands, including Ikea, Publix, P.O., finally skedaddling back to the nest for some hobby farming on my miniature corn plantation.

How was your day?
xoxo
--Babs

5 comments:

  1. You danced? Oh sweet baby Jesus...I hope someone got some footage of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quasi flamenco/polka in my mink with the Feckless Piker. We have no shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Piker mentioned all of the food on FB. I can't BELIEVE you ate 'gator! And it wasn't even the first time! Yikes.

    Skipper's is great, though, for having good shows. :D

    Can't wait to hear about your green thumb...

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. As for boy crazy -- all the way to my deathbed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xi4O1yi6b0

    Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete