Thursday, November 4, 2010

Alaskan Literacy?

An oxymoron?  According to Wonkette "the usual expression of Alaskan literacy is a sad face 'drawn' with urine in the dirty snow behind a tattoo parlor."  Ha!  let Babs spice it up "...a Shakespearean expression, of angst, after a night of banging moonshine boilermakers at the amateur pole dancing contest held at the Sawlty Dawg... "

Courtesy of Juneau Chamber of Commerce
Sad Lisa Lisa Murkowski thinks the citizenry of AK possess the capacity to not only write in her polysyllabic surname, AND fill in the oval next to the name?  Honey, if the folk could make their mark, "x," next to your purty face, you'd be lucky.  (No flouride in AK).
Lisa Murkowski

Can't blame you for trying girl, and those big crocodile tears.  At least your name isn't Blagojevich. 
It would be mighty hard to trade this...

For this...

10 comments:

  1. I used to get my hair cut at that very spot in G-town you depict in D.C. pix. Salon called the Third Lock (it was located at the third lock of the C & O Canal set up by George Washingotn).

    Mame

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls. note correction to spelling of Washingoton to Washington. That Lasik surgery was not all it was cracked up to be.

    Mame (who lives to wipe out typos)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No shit? Mame, I took this picture when visiting DC in May 2010? I took the cabin picture in Sitka, July 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the typos have to do with the Cake not the Laskik?
    I agree typos and misspellings discombubulate me. But I am egregious perpetrator of same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Georgetown pic I have no trouble with but you actually took the picture of that shack? Where were you again? Was it actually Alaska? :D

    And, if it is, does Levi live there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may not remember, I took a cruise to AK in 2009. We met some of my friends relatives in Sitka, and this was a stop in the picaresque tour of a place I shall never set a single toe in again. Bitterness they name is Babs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire my dear, I'm so jealous. I envision you arising at noon, and putting mobcap to pillow at 2 a. Have you been savoring "Boardwalk Empire?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I have! Mr. Claire and I are glued to the tube every week when it airs! It helps ease the pain of the season of Mad Men ending -- at least for me.

    You aren't too far off on my waking hours. I've gotten into Mr. C's patterns and I want off! I don't really like sleeping most of the day away...

    ReplyDelete
  9. polysyllabic, not polysllabic.....if you're going to get into spelling, you'd better spell correctly!

    ReplyDelete