Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Detroit 1-8-7"

My peeps, if you're still vertical, even if you're horizontal, check it out tonight on ABC at 10:00 pm. 
http://abc.go.com/shows/detroit-1-8-7/video-detail/featured/pl_PL5565329

Babs just made a reservation to fly to Detroit on Christmas Day.  With the "9/11 fee," plus my checked suitcase (all cosmetics), Spirit Airlines charged me a grand total of $15.00 for one way airfare into the Motown. 

Remember last Christmas?  The underpants bomber flew into Detroit?  That combined with the average ambient air temperature of 17 degrees BELOW ZERO, make Detroit a less than "in demand"' destination for Holiday travellers. That said, the flight back to the Sunshine State cost me a pint of blood and plasma, respectively, a kidney, plus 3 alimony checks from Fang. 

Consider me your embedded correspondent.  Going into the line of fire to report back to you from the mean streets of the Motor City (okay, I am staying in Grosse Pointe, but it's close to Detroit).  Also, my sister Mame and I are on a mission to waterboard, with Glenn Livett product, our aging Auntie who holds in her addled brain some deep dark family secrets we want unearthed.


I am also hoping to get a lot of use out of my new, used, mink jacket.  My brother in law, Kip, keeps his house so GD cold, as all good members of the tribe are wont, that I'll probably have to wear this baby 24/7.       

No comments:

Post a Comment