Friday, July 16, 2010

Notes from the Road

Sojourning at the La Quinta in Gainesville.  People-- one step up from rustic camping.

Reminds me of the time Fang and I evacuated a hurricane back in ought-4 to the Plaza in New York.  To my horror there was a fresh booger on the shower curtain.  I had a wee hissy fit and insisted to Fang we must needs relocate rooms.  Fang by this time had settled in and was puffing away on his second bone, and not of a mind to pack up and re-tip a bell man.  He garbed up in the hazmat suit he always travelled with and made short shrift of the booger.  My hero.

Well, 6 years later here I am at said La Qunita, and there is more than a booger on the shower curtain.  There is a whole wad of conclusive DNA evidence on this shower curtain-- if you catch my drift.  But I'm not complaining, cuz I'm on my own sked, and don't have to put up with Fang chain smoking full fat Newports. 

People, the moral of this story is-- you can't be gagging and nagging at every booger and pube you encounter when on the road, and on the road of life for that matter.  Adventure requires gumption, and ofttimes a  strong stomach.  So get off that Twitter, Facebook, and World Wide Interweb and see the USA in your Chevrolet!!! Tout suite!!

1 comment: